Biomimicry (from bios, meaning life, and mimesis, meaning to imitate) is a new discipline that studies nature’s best ideas and then imitates these designs and processes to solve human problems. The core idea is that nature, imaginative by necessity, has already solved many of the problems we are grappling with today. Biomimicry allows us to see nature as the model, measure and mentor for solving challenges innovatively and through a systemic lens.
An inspiring introduction to Biomimicry. What it is, why it’s more relevant now than ever, and the basics on how to start practicing it.
- Explore innovative case studies and amazing inspiring organisms.
- Get to grips with Biomimicry tools through practical exercises.
- Work on design challenges in interdisciplinary teams using Biomimicry thinking tools and methodologies.
Working on real world challenges relevant to your field of work integrating all the tools from day one in an inspiring teamwork process.
Every so often an idea comes around that is a game changer. After we hear it and understand it, we never see the world quite the same ever again. Biomimicry is such an idea. It shows that a sustainable world already exists. Innovative solutions to your business and other challenges already exist. Right outside. Tested over eons. When you realize that the tools and case studies exist and that nature’s time tested genius can be translated to solve human challenges, it’s one of the most inspiring approaches to sustainability and other challenges you’ll ever hear.
Who should attend?
- Anyone looking for inspiration in coming up with ideas, particularly Innovation practitioners and leaders
How long is it?
- Half Day
What is the cost?
- This is List price. Discounts are available for Earlybirds, SAINE members, NGOs, SMMEs and Groups. Our course administrator will confirm final price applicable before invoicing.
Who are the Facilitators?